Interviews never seem to get any easier and the pressure increases more when you attend more interviews than you can count. The recruitment process seems easy till you have to face an actual person for the Interview. Most people get nervous when they are being asked questions randomly to their faces.
There are many great tips that will help you in going through the interview process and many do’s and don’ts tips to help you as well.
Some of the tips that one needs to keep in mind before going for the interview are –
- Arrive at the Interview venue at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Make sure you wear a proper and formal dress (girls do not put heavy make-up and jewelry).
- Once you are called for the Interview, relax up and keep your mind calm.
- Greet the Interviewers warmly and confidently.
- Maintain the body language, postures, and gestures properly.
- Take time and understand the questions properly before answering.
- Be very confident while you are answering the questions.
- Pay equal attention to all the interviewers.
- Say Thank you at the end of the interview and leave the room confidently.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts for the Interview
- Do a thorough background check of the company and about your job profile.
- Bring a copy of all relevant documents with you.
- Do carry 2 sets of your Resume.
- When asked about yourself, make sure to highlight your good attributes.
- Always make and eye contact with the interviewers.
- Speak clearly and politely.
- Make hand gestures while explaining, it shows enthusiasm.
- Keep your phone in silent mode before going for the interview.
- Take interest in the interviewer’s question and the company.
- Ask the Interviewer questions from time to time to show your genuine interest.
- Don’t fidget in nervousness, try to calm down.
- Don’t lie. Try to be 100% honest and polite.
- Do not use poor slang like um, uh, etc.
- Do not interrupt the interviewer in the middle. Let him finish his sentence.
- Do not answer in one like Yes, or No. Instead, answer reasonably with a sentence or two.
- Do not wear too much perfume or scented cream or lotion.
- Do not smoke just before the interview. And do not smoke during the interview even if the interviewer invites you to do so.
- Do not discuss or bring up your personal or family issues.
- Do not badmouth your previous company or any employees.
- Do not inquire about salary, bonuses, and holidays until the interviewer brings up.
This blog is contributed by Swati Gupta!
Author Bio: With more than 6 years of experience in Digital Marketing, Swati Gupta has both creative and technical sides to her work! Call her a storyteller when it comes to handling SEO and Content hand-in-hand. With one hand in technical and one in creative, she has a keen passion for imaginative creativity. She believes that a better way to market your thoughts is by working on different aspects, exploring more, and giving more to the professional world. Take a look into her life through her Instagram page.