Relieve your pain with a simple stretching routine
We are sure you would be feeling exhausted by your sedentary lifestyle due to work from home or due to the exertion of day-to-day activities. Lower back pain is one of the most common issues which we face. Either you pick up some heavy weights or simply have a slipped disk injury in past, lower back pain is likely to plague you at some point in your life.
In some cases, it might be a symptom of acute pancreatitis or kidney stones as well.
We understand, what causes the lower back pain & hence, we recommend 5 perfect stretching exercises which can help you to strengthen the muscle reduce pain, get quick recovery of your lower back pain.
Cat cow, also known as ‘Chakravakasana’, is a yoga pose that’s said to improve posture and balance — ideal for those with lower back pain.
Below are many benefits of cat-cow pose:
1. Promotes Spinal Flexibility
2. Stretches Upper Back and Shoulders
3. Improves Core Strength and Stability
Duration– Do it for 1 minute to 2 minutes
Steps for the cat-cow pose:
- Hands and knees on the ground in a tabletop position
- While inhaling press your hand and feet and allow your Billy to fill with air
- While exhaling keep your chin into your chest and arching your spine towards the ceiling
Follow Cat cow pose for Lower Back Pain
2. Pelvic Tilts
The pelvic tilt is an exercise comprised of spinal movements that strengthen the support muscles around the low back, particularly the abdominals, which helps relieve lower back pain and tightness in your lower back. They also have a beneficial effect on your glutes and hamstrings
Steps for pelvic tilts:
- Lie on your back, keep your both knees bent and feet flat on the floor
- Engage your abdominal muscles as you flatten your back against the floor.
- Hold this position for a 10 second
- Release and take a few deep breaths to relax.
Duration– 1 to 3 sets of 3 to 5 repetition
Follow Pelvic Tilts pose for Lower Back Pain
3. Child’s Pose
It’s a traditional yoga pose that helps to relieve lower back pain and tension all along your spine, neck, and shoulders.it stretches your gluteus Maximus, thigh muscles, and spinal extension.
Duration– do it for 1 minute
Steps for child pose:
- Keep your hands and knees on the ground; sink back through your hips to rest them on your heels.
- Hinge at your hips as you fold forward, walking your hands out in front of you.
- Rest your belly on your thighs.
- Extend your arms in front of or alongside your body with your palms facing up.
- Focus on breathing deeply and relaxing any areas of tension or tightness.
Follow Child’s pose for Lower Back Pain
4. Knee-to-chest stretch
This stretch improves blood circulation and provides nutrients to joints. It also alleviates muscle soreness and stress in your lower back. For lower back pain this one is highly recommended as it’s easy to perform and gives quick recovery.
Duration- Repeat it 5-7 times
Steps for the knee to chest stretch:
- Lie on your back with your legs extended and back straight
- Bend your right knee and hug your knee towards your chest
- Breathe deeply and hold this position for 10-30 seconds
- Relax and lower the knee to starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
5. Flexion rotation
The flexion rotation exercise helps stretch your lower back and buttocks, hence quick relief from the lower back pain.
Duration- Do it 7- 8 times
Steps for flexion rotation:
- Lie on your right side with both legs straight.
- Bend your left leg, keep your foot behind your right knee.
- Hold your left knee with your right arm.
- Place your left hand behind your neck.
- Slowly rotate your upper body backward by touching your left shoulder blade to the floor. You should feel a mild stretch in your lower back.
Follow Flexion rotation pose for Lower Back Pain
This article is contributed by the Fitnastic team!
About Fitnastic: Fitnastic was founded in January 2020 with the aim to help individuals go through their fitness obstacles and transform them into stronger, fitter, and confident individuals. Rishi Nagar being the founder and Ojas Bhatt being the Co-Founder, believe in the ideology that exercise and nutrition are the utmost priority for healthy well-being.
At Fitnastic, they craft an individual’s well-being by not only providing customized diet plans and live training/training routines, but also provide conversations with doctors on various health issues, easy-to-make healthy recipes & also educate people by providing scientific knowledge about different dieting patterns, herbs, and physiological functions of the human system.
Because, Fitness is not a joke!
Follow Fitnastic for more updates on Health and Fitness:
LinkedIn: Fitnastic (Company)
Contact: +91-8209512559 / firstname.lastname@example.org