Monsoon is here! Breezy showers and lush greenery all around surely refresh us and brings relief from the scorching summer heat. While most of us love rain, the increased level of humidity makes it difficult for our skin and hair. As the weather changes, you alter a few things in your skincare routine. Likewise, to take care of your hair during the monsoon, you need to change a few things too.
Don’t let the rain get to you!!
Due to frequent rains and increase in the humidity, you might come across the following hair issues:
- Oily scalp
- Frizzy hair
- Severe Dandruff
- Hair Fall
- Microbial infections (in the worst case)
Your hair is the weakest during this monsoon weather and requires a lot of attention and care. And the tips which I am gonna share today will not disappoint you. You can easily prevent the hair or scalp problem with the following tips:
How to Take Care of Your Hair during Monsoons?
1. Cleanse your hair regularly with a mild shampoo. Especially after getting wet in the rain. The rainwater is not good for our hair and skin as it is acidic with a pH of about 5.6.
2. Keep your scalp dry during the monsoon. Use a soft towel or a hairdryer. This will prevent dandruff problems as well as hair fall issues.
3. Pick a wide-tooth comb to easily detangle your hair and to avoid any hair breakage. And you should avoid combing your wet hair immediately.
4. If you have coloured your hair recently, it is advisable to dampen your locks and apply a conditioner before stepping out. This will prevent the colour from fading. But, do not forget to rinse with cold water immediately after you are back indoors.
5. Apply coconut oil before washing your hair. Massage your scalp with lukewarm coconut oil 15-20 minutes prior to hair wash. This will provide the necessary nutrients to your scalp and prevent any scalp infections.
6. No tip is complete without healthy food intake. Eat a healthy meal filled with proteins. Add eggs, walnuts, dairy products and green vegetables to your regular diet as they provide shine to your hair. Berries, nuts, spinach, and sweet potatoes are some of the best food for hair growth.
Now let us see some ways to play with our kitchen ingredients…
DIYs Monsoon Hair Masks:
Curry Leaves, Fenugreek Seeds, Tulsi and Green Gram Mask:
Soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Grind curry leaves, soaked fenugreek seeds, tulsi leaves, and green gram in equal proportions. Apply it on your scalp and hair and leave it for about 30 minutes before washing it off.
Hibiscus Mint Mask:
Make a fine paste by blending hibiscus leaves, mint leaves, and a few tsp of lime juice. Apply this from the roots to the tips of your hair thoroughly and wash it off after 30 minutes using an Ayurvedic shampoo.
Soak 3-5 tsp of fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them the next morning into a thick and fine paste. Apply this pack thoroughly to your scalp and hair. Wash it thoroughly with normal water after 30-40 minutes.
Neem and Turmeric Mask:
Grind a few neem leaves to make a thick smooth paste. And now, add 1tsp turmeric to the paste. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with normal water. Neem and Turmeric are anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and hence prevent your scalp from dandruff.
Getting Ready for Monsoon Hair:
We can not escape from getting wet. But we can surely prevent and protect our hair from any damage. These simple tips are very easy to implement in our day to day life. And you can always try out the amazing DIY masks to give your hair extra care during this monsoon season.
Let’s enjoy the weather without any worries!!
Stay Safe and Enjoy Monsoons!!
This article is contributed by 5PM Ardor!
Author bio: 5PM Ardor: The place where you enjoy a short read on skincare, food, and books while relishing your favorite cup of tea or coffee…
Ardor means a feeling of warmth and enthusiasm. While ‘5 pm’ signifies the time when usually we have a coffee/tea break. 5 pm is also the time when some of us complete our work and leave for our respective homes. The reason behind this name is that along with the warmth of coffee and tea, people should also feel that warmth (affection) while reading blogs on 5pmardor. They should feel enthusiastic and inspired after reading freshly designed articles.