“There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
Well, the quote said by ‘Martin Luther’ is apt in all ways. Marriage is considered the most beautiful thing in the world. Apart from its beauty, marriage comes up with several benefits in one’s life including health benefits. Researches and surveys have proved that married people are likely to be more healthy and happy when compared to unmarried people, as long as they are not in a troubled marriage.
Let’s see the health benefits which marriage brings to an individual’s life –
- Reduces Stress and Depression – Living in a good marriage reduces the level of stress hormones, which in turn improves one’s mental health. A reduced level of stress hormones decreases the chances of divorces. It is said that when you share your problems with your partner you are more likely to improve your emotional health. Well, ‘Stress shared is stress reduced’.
- Increases Longevity – Studies have proved that there is a strong relationship between marriage and longevity. Married couples tend to live a longer life than that their unmarried counterparts.
- Less Disease Risk – Married couples enjoy a healthy life and are not easily prone to diseases like heart attack, diabetes, etc. Research says that married couples can sense the symptoms early and can easily avoid the disease.
- Positive effect on Health Behaviour – Smoking, drinking, and other negative habits of husbands are discouraged by their partners. This reduces the risk of alcohol abuse thus improving their overall family diet and behavior.
- Improves Economic well-being – If both the spouses are earnings, then it is an advantage in their relationships. More incomes mean less economic difficulties, which improves one’s mental health and it also helps in avoiding frequent fights between a couple regarding economic situation, thus reducing stress.
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits of marriage, there are other simple but very important benefits of marriage. Like, you will never be lonely; there will always be someone to cheer you up when you are feeling low. After having a really long day, you can always return to the most incredible person who will comfort you. Marriage has its own adventures filled with beauty, love, and benefits.
This blog is contributed by Anurag Gupta!
Author Bio: Anurag Gupta has 6 years of experience in Social Media Marketing. He is a creative-minded person who likes to make people happy just by his presence. He has a knack for his work that he puts in extra hours to move things in the right corner. From time to time he engages himself in social works by helping those in need. This is his first try out as a writer. Visit his Instagram profile for his happening social media posts and life.