Kayla Itsines is a famous Australian fitness trainer, who shook Instagram, with her fitness & nutrition program, Bikini Body Guide (BBG).
Aimed to aid people around the world to adopt a healthy lifestyle, Kayla Itsines BBG is a 12-week intensity training that help women achieve their fitness goals and this met with a positive reception from her audience.
Alongside the daily workout routine, Kayla Itsines also designed BBG nutrition diet, called Healthy Eating & Lifestyle Plan (H.E.L.P).
Keep reading to see how BBG help achieve your fitness goals along with some of the best moves from the trending fitness program.
So, What Exactly is BBG?
Bikini Body Guide fitness program is for women & is built around intense workout that lasts about 28-minutes for three days a week.
The workouts in BBG are focused on each muscle group – arms, abs & legs.
Like cardio, BBG fitness too has the moves like Planks, Burpees, push-ups, mountain climbers, kicks, jumping jacks and weighted squats.
How Does BBG work?
In each workout group there are two circuits that are completed twice & each circuit lasts for about 7-minutes. There’s a 30-90-second break between both the circuits.
In both the circuits there’ll be 4 types of workouts and a different set of muscle group is targeted each day.
As far as the diet goes, Kayla Itsines focuses on healthier & more nutritious food, rather than skipping some set of foods.
On her SWEAT app, you can find weekly serving grocery list, recipes that cover your entire day, leaving no room for guesswork.
What Makes BBG So Special?
Designed especially for women, BBG Diet can be customized for every possible health concern, which made BBG a big hit, especially for beginners.
Adding to this, the brevity of workouts that lasts only up to 28-minutes and thrice-a-week is exceptionally attractive.
BBG Diet is just not limited to active exercise training plan, when joined in the Bikini Body Guide community you get on-the-go grocery lists, recipes and more.
The program with its community created a sort of sisterhood, which many other fitness programs lack.
“It’s easy to lose motivation & inspiration; But, when you’re a part of a community like BBG, it drives you to hold on to your goals.”Kayla Itsines
5 Best BBG Workouts, Just for you!
- Stand straight & bring your feet a little bit wider than shoulder-width, toes and hands pointing forward.
- Bend your hips back by keeping the weight loaded on your knees.
- Push your weight all the way back & get a low on your squat.
- Jump all the way up by moving your hands back to give you some power.
- Stand straight, look forward with chest up & hands pointing forward
- Sit back as if you’re on a chair & make sure to keep your knees behind your toes
- Relax by bringing hips to neutral.
- Hands on hips, right foot in front of the left.
- Drop your body straight down & sit in a perfect lunge position by bending right knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Raise up, lift your left leg off the ground, bend your knee at a 90-degree angle and hold that stance for a couple of seconds if you can.
- Take another step forward, coming into lunge, this time with left foot in front of the right.
- Stand, bring your feet to shoulder width apart
- Hop down to the ground with your hands in front
- Lift your chest up, followed by your hips & bringing your feet near your hands on the ground.
- Jump and clap.
- Sit on a bench or a chair.
- Roll your shoulders back and set yourself up by opening up your chest. Don’t slump forward.
- Bring your hands directly underneath your shoulders on to the bench or chair.
- Take the legs out by keeping your knees bent.
- Bring the hips down, by bending your elbows, without depressing the shoulder blades.
- Then, extend your elbows to bring your body up.
Ready To Burn The Calories?
Workout clubbed with proper nutrition & diet plan is a hit! BBG diet caters for women aged between 16 to 25 years. However, the calorie requirements may vary.
If you’re looking for a sustainable diet, with a strong support from the community, BBG Diet is for you.
Interested in joining the BBG community? Try Sweat with Kayla app or start by downloading the free workout guide by Kayla Itsines.