Ingredient list on your cosmetics package is enough to scare you & into joining the green beauty revolution. Even the brands that aren’t natural are tuning into this trend and harnessing the science-backed benefits of nature-born ingredients. And one of the stars in this green beauty movement is Turmeric, a spice also a medicine used in India.
Scientifically known as Curcuma longa, Turmeric is a spice used mainly in Thailand and Indian. This sunset-yellow spice gives recipe a distinctive flavor and color. Like many other amazing natural ingredients, turmeric offers valuable skin benefits. It’s a known fact that Indian women have been using turmeric for skin care in their daily routine for centuries.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Protect against sun damage & aging
- Heal wounds
- Prevent breakouts (and lessen active ones)
- Fight eczema and psoriasis
- Reduce acne scarring
- Brighten dark circles
- Bring out your natural glow
Turmeric for Skin lightening
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and lemon juice to make a thick paste
- Apply to the affected area especially face, neck, elbows, etc
- Let it dry for 20 to 30 minutes and wash off with water
- You can replace lemon juice with cucumber if need be
Turmeric for Acne
- Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric with a tablespoon of honey
- layer it evenly over your clean
- Let it dry for 20 minutes & rinse with warm water
Note of Caution: Turmeric will stain your skin, but will not last longer than a night. If you want to avoid, mix a few drops of milk or yogurt.
Turmeric Infused Oil – David Bouley’s anti-inflammatory turmeric oil recipe
- 1 cup powdered turmeric
- 10 Tbsp avocado oil
- 10 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 10 Tbsp olive oil
Fill a water bottle with the oils and turmeric. Let sit for two weeks. And, voila, it’s ready to use.
Coconut Oil and Turmeric Mask For Dark Scars Recipe
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
Coconut Oil and Turmeric Mask For Dark Scars Recipe Directions
- In a medium bowl place melted coconut oil and turmeric powder. Mix ingredients until combined. Place all over face and let sit for 20 minutes.
- After letting the mask sit, rinse face with warm water and make sure your face is entirely clean from turmeric.
- Add Face Toner to get turmeric residue off skin. Your skin should be so soft and supple.
- Turmeric is most commonly known as a powdered spice derived from the Turmeric rhizome and as a staple ingredient in Indian cuisine.
- Turmeric powder has come to gain various other uses, such as cosmetic and therapeutic, much like Turmeric Essential Oil.
- Used in aromatherapy applications, Turmeric Essential Oil’s warm, earthy, woody scent is believed to help uplift, energize, comfort, and strengthen the body and mind.
- Used in cosmetic applications, Turmeric Essential Oil is believed to cleanse, nourish, clarify, smooth, calm, invigorate, strengthen, and exfoliate the skin and hair.
- Used in massages, Turmeric Essential Oil is believed to support the body’s natural recovery process, promote skin elasticity and firmness, and help manage topical discomfort.