Bananas not only taste delicious, but they’re also packed with the goodness of nutrients like potassium, antioxidants, vitamins, biotin, and minerals that help in nourishing your hair and skin. The most common thing people do with banana peels is to throw them in the trash. But wait for a second! There are several benefits that banana peels offer. Have you given a thought about them? No, right? Their anti-inflammatory properties make them great for your skin and they can also be used in cleaning and general household maintenance. Let’s see how banana peels can be one of the most essential things in our day-to-day life.
- For skincare: Isn’t it great that you can enjoy bananas for breakfast and then use the peels afterward!
- Relieve Tired and Puffy Eyes: Lie down and gently place the banana peels on your eyes. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Remove the peels and rinse your face with cool water. And get a bright, refreshed look in minutes.
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines: Wrinkles and fine lines on the skin occur when it loses its elasticity and firmness. The antioxidants and vitamin C in banana’s peels can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Gently run banana peels on your face and keep it for 30 minutes (you can also leave it overnight). Wash your face and moisturize it. Repeat 3 times a week.
- Reduces the appearances of scars: Banana peels have the ability to drastically reduce skin irritation such as swelling, redness, and scarring. They also contain essential fatty acids that reduce the visibility of scars. For this, apply banana peels on the scars daily.
- Aid In Treating Itchy Skin, Warts, And Psoriasis: Banana peels contain histamine, lowering nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin C, and vitamin E which aids in itchy skin (due to allergy, mosquito bites, or poison ivy). In the long run, they also treat psoriasis.
- Whiten your teeth: Ripe banana peels are effective in whitening teeth as they contain potassium. Brush your teeth and rinse your teeth well. Take the inside of the banana peel and rub it on your teeth for some time. Rinse your teeth again and repeat daily to see visible results
- It shines your silverware: When your silver begins to lose its luster or it begins to tarnish or stain it is better to use banana peels. Rub the inside of the banana peel to polish the silverware.
- In gardening: Adding a banana peel to the compost pile will help introduce more calcium, magnesium, sulfur, phosphates, potassium, and sodium, which are vital to the healthy growth of the plants. It will also get rid of unwanted pests.
- Works better than shoe polish: Banana peels work better than shoe polish on your leather shoes. All you have to do is rub it on the shoes. Don’t worry about the smell of bananas, as it can wear off easily.
- First aid: Banana peel is rich in antioxidants and anti-microbial properties that aid in mosquito bites and sunburns. And if you are looking for an easy method to treat your headache or migraine look no further than your fruit basket. Put the banana peel in the refrigerator for an hour. Apply one peel on your forehead and another on the back of your neck. Leave it until the peel warms off.
- As a hair mask: Bananas peels when blended with other ingredients can be the perfect hair mask. Rich in antioxidant properties, banana peels can free radicals to make your hair healthy, strong and shiny.
As healthy as bananas are, their peels are no less. The benefits of banana peels are worth giving a try for. Try out these simple steps and say goodbye to your problems.