As we’ve now hit the fifth week of lockdown, many of us have become accustomed to the practicalities of working from home or working remotely during this COVID-19 pandemic. This means that we are swapping in-person meetings for video chats on Zoom, Hangouts, or Skype. Whether your virtual call is for business or just a casual hangout, you want to look your best, which is hard to do when you’ve been sitting around in your pajamas all day. If you need to look presentable during video meetings, here are some beauty tips you can do to make sure you look alive and well over the camera.
- Apply a good moisturizer: Apply a matte or tinted moisturizer before the online meeting starts. It is common to have glare when you are in the video calls, there come Matte moisturizers in handy which keeps glare at bay. On the other hand, tinted moisturizers even out your skin tone and hides the discolorations, splotches, and inconsistencies.
- Choose actual makeup over virtual filters: Most of the people opt for camera filters or filters of Zoom meeting apps, to look their best for the video calls. However, it is not always advisable. Always try to go for actual makeup than choosing out the camera filters. Whatever easy makeup comes in handy, opt for it, because choosing online filters may make you look a bit unprofessional.
- Make your eyes pop: A little concealer can go a long way! Tired eyes can look sunken over the camera and you need to make your eyes pop to look awake during the meetings. Apply concealer under the eyes to hide puffiness and dark circles. To appear wide awake, curl your eyelashes and apply a hint of mascara.
- Choose the best lip shade: While you are talking most of the people tend to notice the way you speak and the way your lips move. So chapped and dry lips are no no! Put on a shiny lip balm or you can also go for lipsticks to add more texture to your lips.
- Make a simple hairstyle: Keep your hairstyle as simple as possible. You want to look presentable without trying so hard. As it is possible that while working from home, most of you don’t care about what your hair looks like. So keep a hairstyle simple, you can let it loose but make sure that your hair is not falling on your face every time. You can also make it a bun or a ponytail.
Well known celebrity makeup artist – Smrithikha shared some hacks for those with dry skin. Check it out.
Foundation hacks for people with dry skin :
- Apply moisturizer and massage it for 2 minutes. Leave it on your skin for a few seconds.
- You can also use any good face essential oil to moisturize the face before doing the makeup.
- This keeps your face hydrated and your makeup doesn’t look patchy even after 6 to 8 hours.
Try these tips before attending online video meetings. These will help you in presenting yourself better.
Smrithika – founder of Blowbrush by Smrithikhae. She is a well-known makeup artist from Hyderabad, specialized in different types of makeup: bridal, party, and fashion. She also conducts workshops for sharing knowledge about makeup and skincare. If you have any queries, connect with her on social media. Here is her Instagram profile.