Rains are finally here to give us some relief from the scorching heat of the sun. But what brings happiness also brings along some sorrows. Rainy season not only brings a refreshing change to the weather, but also causes diseases due to the change in weather.
Here are a few dos and don’ts you must follow during the rainy season to stay safe.
- Gear up for the rains: Be prepared for the season beforehand. Buy all necessary items like Umbrellas, raincoats, rain boots etc. or get the old ones repaired to stay dry during the rains. No matter how the weather outside is, it’s better to carry a three-fold short umbrella as a handy always with you.
- Stay Healthy, Eat Healthy: Say a big NO to the street foods and start eating healthy to stay fit throughout. Getting ill in the rainy seasons can be the worst nightmares one could ever have. Control your cravings for the pani puris and chats or any other food items from the road vendors. You can prepare them at home and have to protect yourself from the diseases caused in the rainy season.
- Start-off Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: If you have been ignoring the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan till date, then now is the time to gear up with it. Start from your home and surroundings and clean all your neighborhood to keep the diseases out of your society. Don’t worry of you being alone, as your neighbors will definitely follow your footsteps once you take your first.
- Hygiene is the best Medicine: During the rainy season, not only your surroundings but even you need to maintain your personal hygiene and cleanliness. Bathing with warm water, adding a few drops of any antiseptic liquids to help keep the germs away. Washing hands before and after eating food, washing feet or taking bath after returning home or if you get wet are some tips you could follow to stay hygienic during the rainy season.
- Infections Know your Door: Don’t let the infections knock you down during the rainy season. Various infections like flu, cold, cough, fever, eye infection, skin infection and more are ready to attack you any moment during the rainy season. Boost your immunity with natural remedies like tulsi ginger detox to be safe from infections.
- Some Honey can save money: Honey is one of the most important products you can buy and keep as a handy for the rainy seasons. Add it in warm water and have it daily to boost immune power and also to prevent cough and cold due to the weather.
- No more Denims please: Avoid wearing heavy fabrics or denims during rains as it would soak the water and stay wet for longer. Prefer lighter fabrics and brighter colors for the season to stay voguish. Avoid leathers in the rains and instead go for some gumboots for the season. You can also invest in some trenches and ponchos to look glamorous.
- Makeup!! Be it Right: Don’t do the heavy eye-makeup as it might end up giving you a dracula look. Prefer waterproof makeup if you want to highlight your eyes. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen as it might not be sunny but the UV RAYS are still equally harmful during the rains. Keep your hair dry and conditioned to avoid it from going frizzy and oily due to humid weather.
Well, these are just a few handy tips that you can follow in the rainy season to stay safe and enjoy the monsoons.
This article is contributed by Sheetal!
Author Bio: Sheetal has been working as a Social Media Manager for the past 8 years. She is a teacher as well as a writer. She educates to show the right path to the upcoming generation and the future of our country. She writes to express her thoughts and views on how we can bring positive changes in the present day scenario and try to practice most of what she writes. She is also a blogger, an aesthete, a bookaholic, an amateur photographer and a movie buff.