We all are aware of the beautiful benefits of rose water for our skin, in enhancing our mood and relieving headaches. But can we use rose water for hair?
The answer is definitely YES.
“Roses are not only used in making your hair bun look beautiful but also to nourish your hair, leaving you with thick and shiny hair.”
So how exactly does rose water benefits your hair?
Magic of Rose Water for your Hair
- Makes your hair softer and fuller
- Nourishes your scalp as well as reduces the oiliness and dandruff
- Moisturises your scalp, while soothing the effects of heat and pollution
- Rose water’s anti-inflammatory property can potentially help with scalp conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- Adds a shine to your hair and reduces frizziness as well
- The vitamins in the rose water (Vitamin A, B3, C, and E) promotes the growth of your hair
Simple and Quick hacks:
- Soak cotton swabs in rose water and dab them directly onto your scalp. Massage it gently and wash it off with shampoo.
- Mix rose water with your favorite shampoo or conditioner.
- Rinse with rose water after shampooing and conditioning.
- Use a spray bottle to spray rose water onto your hair to decrease frizz.
Rose Facts: Rosewater has a similar PH level to that of human hair.
Some DIY Haircare Recipes to Try
Rose Water & Jojoba Oil for nourishment
Mix a few drops of jojoba oil in a cup of rose water. You can also add 1 capsule of Vitamin E into the mixture. Instead of jojoba oil, you can also use almond oil, coconut oil or rose oil. Massage your hair with it regularly. This will promote blood circulation and will enhance the strength and shine of your hair.
Rose Water & Glycerin for Dry hair
Massage an equal amount of rose water and glycerin onto your scalp and hair. Rinse it off with a gentle shampoo, after letting it stay for half an hour. Mix your favorite shampoo with rose water for better results. This will moisturize your scalp and make your hair soft and shiny.
Rose Water, Vinegar & Eggs Hair Mask
Mix 1 beaten egg with 1/4th cup of rose water and 2-3 tbsp of vinegar. Apply it to your hair and scalp, and let it stay for 30 minutes. Use a mild shampoo and lukewarm water to wash it off. Eggs in the hair mask conditions and provides protein to the hair, while vinegar cleanses the scalp.
Now, I hope that you experiment with these easy and quick hacks and DIY recipes for your hair. Do let me know what you think and which DIY are you gonna try, in the comments section below!
This blog is contributed by 5PM Ardor!
Author Bio: 5PM Ardor – The place where you enjoy a short read on skincare, food, and books while relishing your favorite cup of tea or coffee…
Ardor means a feeling of warmth and enthusiasm. While ‘5 pm’ signifies the time when usually we have a coffee/tea break. 5 pm is also the time when some of us complete our work and leave for our respective home. The reason behind this name is that along with the warmth of coffee and tea, people should also feel that warmth (affection) while reading blogs on 5pmardor. They should feel enthusiastic and inspired after reading freshly designed articles.