Think You Know Hyaluronic Acid?
Quest for youthful skin is an age old fable. In this course, many skin care trends showed up & left; some even without making a buzz. But, research suggests that hyaluronic acid is not a trend, but is something that entire world can rely upon, for hydrated & healthy skin.
The ABC’s Of Hyaluronic Acid:
Don’t get terrorized when you hear acid in your skin care routine. Hyaluronic acid, a gel-like compound is a water binding ingredient that aids in keeping skin optimally hydrated & plumped. Moreover, hyaluronic acid is not alien to our bodies, it’s actually something that we naturally produce.
Where is it found?
In the concentration of fluids in joints & eyes.
Why Do You Need More Hyaluronic Acid If We Produce It?
About 15-grams of hyaluronic acid is present in the human body. However, on daily basis one third of the total quantity degrades and synthesizes on its own. As we age, this capacity of degrading & synthesizing reduces and slashes the production of hyaluronic acid by multiple times. This makes our skin dry & damaged, visible lines and wrinkles start to appear. So we want more of it to retain skin moisture. This is why plastic surgeons inject hyaluronic acid to plump up the sunken skin. When using hyaluronic acid as a serum or cream on daily basis, skin, you don’t need injections! Use it twice a day, regularly to see visible results. These outcomes may not be permanent but with regular use, they don’t have to be!
Hyaluronic Acid Benefits – Secrets That Make It So Special?
Once hyaluronic acid becomes a part of your beauty regimen, you’ll see why your skin is lapping up its benefits.
- Hyaluronic acid has the capability of holding water 1000 times than its own weight. Talk about mind blowing!
- It’s a natural humectant which helps skin retain its moisture & boosts cell renewal to make it look hydrated & more youthful.
- Moreover, hyaluronic acid has the ability to plump up skin without making it greasy or congested – so, it’s a boon for all skin types.
- Hyaluronic acid comforts skin during winters and soothe oil glands during summer, so this magic potion is not a seasonal stuff, you can bank on it always (finally. Phew!). 👍
- Research reveals that hyaluronic acid is rich in antioxidant properties too. This means it can aid in shielding skin from radicals like pollution.
This panacea of skin is accessible in varied forms – Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Hyaluronic Acid Cream, Hyaluronic Acid gels, Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin C serum, Hyaluronic Acid capsules, Hyaluronic Acid & Retinol serum, it’s everywhere in every possible form.
Apart from using hyaluronic acid as a cream or gel or serum on skin, it can be taken orally as supplements, or can be injected into lips as temporary lip fillers or into knees to ease stiff joints.
Is There A Right Time & Right Way To Use Hyaluronic Acid:
Hyaluronic acid is known for its soothing properties. If you’re a hyaluronic acid convert, you might have already noticed that it’s incredibly gentle on most sensitive & breakout prone skin. To reap the maximum benefits of this magic humectant, there’s a right way to use it.
- Hyaluronic Acid is not a substitute of moisturizer. So, moisturize every time after using it.
- Experts suggest to use this hero ingredient on damp skin in order to work. If applied on dry skin it might have an opposite effect, as it pulls out residual moisture in deeper layers to hydrate the surface.
Hyaluronic acid when combined with vitamin c is great armor for skin against any free radicals like pollutions. Some of the best serums available in this combination
- Petunia Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Serum,
- StBotanica Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum + Vitamin C, E
Market is all praises for Hyaluronic Acid and its effects on skin. What more can we say – Hail the Hero of Hydration!
This content, including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Onthebuzz does not claim responsibility for this information.